Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,657, Level: 29 Points: 40,657, Level: 29 Points: 40,657, Level: 29

Re: Parents won't let me hangout with friend - July 5th 2017, 10:52 PM

Hey there,

While you may not be able to get the ban on M lifted, it's definitely something that you can talk to your parents about. Sit down with them and acknowledge the fact that you made a mistake by drinking underage and that you understand that they're upset and/or disappointed with your choices. Consider asking them what you can do to start earning their trust back and follow through with any promises that you make. By making an effort to make things right with them, you may be able to eventually prove to them that you no longer need things like tracking apps on your phone.

During the conversation, you can even bring up the fact that you're not sure why M is the only friend of yours that they're no longer okay with you hanging out with. Based on their answer, perhaps you can also talk about making a compromise with them about hanging out with M. For example, you can see if they would be willing to allow the two of you to spend time together in a public place and/or with some sort of supervision. While it might not be the ideal situation, it's a starting point and might be the best that you can hope for for the time being.

Take care,
Sammi

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie