View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Mom thinks we're dating?? - July 14th 2017, 01:10 PM

This isn't stupid. It is good that you shared and hopefully it helped to get things out of your mind.

You said your mom said that "boys and girls can't be friends." Maybe you could have a discussion with her about that statement. You could let her know that friendships are quite varied and they don't always consist of people of the same sex. You could talk about how it is very common these days to have more than girl-girl or boy-boy friendships, especially at an older age.

Do you text your friend a lot in front of your mom? Or is she just aware that you message each other? Maybe when you're around your mom, you could try to be more in the moment with her. If she doesn't see you texting as often, her beliefs about the two of you dating may die down a little bit. You could designate time each day to spend with your mom without texting and then you could talk to your friend later in the day. You could also find different ways to talk to your friend (such as an online platform, away from a phone) so that your mom doesn't know exactly what you're doing.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers