View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 5,755, Level: 11 Points: 5,755, Level: 11 Points: 5,755, Level: 11

Re: Medication question(Want your experiences too :) - August 2nd 2017, 06:59 AM

My personal experience is, a lot of them don't work, but when you find the one that does work, it's definitely the medication, and not a placebo effect. It's also a game changer, like I finally found something that works better than I ever hoped for, and I'm fine now.

But I did have to try a lot of antidepressant medications before finding the one that worked for me.

And there's unfortunately no way of knowing which antidepressant medication will help any particular individual. Every antidepressant works for some people.

My personal guess is the apparent 'placebo' effect is because for any particular person, many antidepressant medications won't work for them, so the best you get is a placebo effect.

But when I did find the one that did work for me, it was definitely the medication. Every time I stopped it, I slowly felt worse and worse. Every time I restarted it, I slowly started feeling better. Now I just take it. and I never think about it, because I'm fine. The only time I do think about it is when I don't take it, because then I slowly become not fine.

Now I'm all gung-ho positive about antidepressant medication because one of them saved my life.