View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
organizedchaos Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kay

Points: 3,878, Level: 9 Points: 3,878, Level: 9 Points: 3,878, Level: 9

Re: College Visit Nerves! - August 6th 2017, 05:17 AM

Celyn,

Thanks so much for the advice it was great, but unfortunately I didn't get it until just now and I'm home again. It's my own fault for posting it so soon before I left lol.

Luckily though I got there and it was amazing! I'm seriously considering the college now because the campus was great, the only thing I really dislike is the food (I'm a fairly picky eater though) and the location.

We left Friday afternoon and I didn't eat anything I was so nervous, but I calmed down when we picked the family friend, Evan, and his Mom up because they just got 2 new adorable kittens that are the cutest freaking things on the face of the planet and I got to pet them!!!! We got to the campus and for the rest of the afternoon I just hung out with Evan, but later we separated after dinner to stop by our dorms before heading to the start of the fun activities.

It had started raining and as I was leaving the building a girl was opening an umbrella and I made a funny joke about how I had forgotten mine at home, and she laughed and let me walk with her under hers! Then her, Evan, and me hung out for a while. It was great at first, but then it became apparent I had little in common with them, and they had so much in common with each other.

With the first hour gone until curfew I decided to venture out on my own, so I said I was going to the bathroom (neither really noticed I was leaving) and walked around until I found this cool room with a DJ and people dancing, and on the other side was a bunch of pool and air hockey tables. I sort of walked around the room and then sat for a while on the edge talking to my cousin. Then this guy asked if anyone wanted to play air hockey so I did and we started hanging out and playing that together.

His name was Ron, and after a while this other kid Julian started hanging out too. The two of them were so much fun and we ended up hanging out that second hour playing some air hockey, and right before curfew walked back to the dorms together. It was raining again, but Ron had an umbrella and I lucked out (once again) because he shared it with me, and Julian liked walking in the rain so he was happy too!

Then I was able to hang out with my roommate Maddie and her friend Lucy when I got back to our room. They were great and we stayed up until like 1 AM just hanging out. Then I had breakfast and lunch with them the next day and we tried to walk with each other to all our workshops, but that was hard because we all had different ones.

It was so nice to be around other people for a change and be social like I used to be before being scarred by all the assholes at my school. Literally once I walked into the giant room they were doing check-in at I felt so excited I forgot about being nervous about kids from my school. I don't think any were even there, and if they were I didn't see them so that's all that matters!

Thanks again for your advice though, it's still helpful because even though the weekend was great I know I'm going to get anxious over my old school in the future at some point. Now to relax I can just try to logic it out in my head and look at the odds of them being there so I don't freak out before I even get somewhere!

Kay