(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Telling my doctor? - August 7th 2017, 05:47 PM

Hi!

Thank you for coming to us here for some help. I am glad you have recognised that you are struggling and have decided to reach out for support and help because you don't and never will deserve to go through this by yourself.

In all honestly, be honest. It might be very hard, but I always think the first 20 seconds are the worst. So take 20 seconds of bravery and spill it out. If you really feel you can't say the words verbally, you can always try writing them a letter about how you are feeling, any thoughts or/and urges you are having and what is triggering you to feel this way. Then they can read it and begin the conversation with you.

Doctors can be very helpful, espeically as a first point of call. I have been seeing my GP for nearly ten years (was every week up until this year and now every few weeks) and honestly, he helps me so much and has saved my life at times. I want to remind you, you are not the first to go in and talk about this. You are not the first and sadly most certainly won't be the last. They have experience with this and you need to remember that. They are there to help you and you deserve that help.

I just wanted to say that we're always here for you too. I know sometimes talking to someone online like this isn't as helpful as talking to someone in "real life" but we're still here, we'll always listen and we won't ever judge you but try to help and support you as best as we can.

You can do this. Have hope and believe in yourself!

Take care,
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018