Thread: feeling lonely
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: feeling lonely - August 20th 2017, 01:21 PM

Hi Melissa, thanks for coming to TeenHelp. A lot of us here are very nice and we're not going to tell you that you're whiny because you're not. You have a right to feel the way that you do and it is good that you shared that with us. While it is hard not to, comparing yourself to others is something you can try to refrain from because everyone's differences makes it impossible to get a fair playing field.

You said that you started isolating yourself to spend time at home. Do you think there are reasons as to why you did this, such as possibly feeling depressed? You said you dropped volleyball because you were taking harder courses and you dropped cheer to play volleyball but perhaps there are some underlying feelings there, or not. Regardless it may be something to consider.

You did mention having some insecurities. Would you like to talk about those? it could help to get them out of your mind and people here could give you advice about working on those insecurities if you are interested.

You said you're going into junior year this fall. Maybe you could look at this new year as a fresh slate to try to work on yourself. For instance, you could look into a sport or a club you're interested in and consider joining it. That could be a small step to take.

Something else to think about is that school may not be your only avenue to be less isolated. You could look into volunteering opportunities within your community to see what you can find and you can meet people that way as well.

You could also start with your procrastination and other habits if you want to. For instance, you could research different study habits or organization habits and find new things to work on. Perhaps if you work on your procrastination you'll slowly start to feel a bit better.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers