Thread: Triggering (Suicide): Bad Start to First Week of College
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Bad Start to First Week of College - August 22nd 2017, 03:17 AM

It's very rare that professors will do much if you miss or are late the first few weeks of class. At my city college the professors would sometimes wait a while to start taking role because parking is crazy and people tend to be late. The first week, most professors will be understanding. I would suggest messaging the math teacher and explaining the situation. I have missed the first day once or twice and the professors have been cool. I have only had one teacher who was not understanding even though me missing was out of my control (I locked my keys in the car). Honestly most teachers will not hold the first day against you. Most teachers won't even start giving out add slips until the second day of class and some hold off until the second week. So, if you message the math teacher and explain everything to them it is likely that they will be cool about it.

I agree that you should consider joining clubs once you get settled. It might be scary to do but it will likely help you meet people. I think that most campuses will have some type of club day so the students can see what clubs the campus has to offer.

Best of luck and try not to stress. I promise that a lot of people miss the first day of class or are late the first day of class. Even students who have been on campus for a year or so can have trouble finding the right classroom.