View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
FallonRose Offline
Mind Mischief
Average Joe

Name: Fallon

Points: 6,996, Level: 12 Points: 6,996, Level: 12 Points: 6,996, Level: 12

Re: Thoughts on credit cards? - August 23rd 2017, 02:29 PM

I myself will probably never get a credit card in my life just because I'm very irresponsible with my money and to have virtually unlimited access to money could get me in a world of trouble. It just depends on how you are as a person with the responsibility of money. It can be a lot easier than you think to spend $5 here and $10 there and all of a sudden you've spent $150 (trust me, it's happened to me). Therefore, I will probably always stick to debit cards because it limits how much money I can spend (and won't let me spend any more after I've overdrawn the account $5).
Another thing that I don't like about credit cards is that those companies flood your mailbox with offers to open up accounts when they find records that you're in college because they frequently target college students due to their vulnerability and broke-ness. In my opinion it's just an opportunity to find yourself in a whole lot of debt and I don't think its worth the risk.
I think credit cards should only be an option when you are financially stable and can easily pay off the bill at the end of the month but that's just my opinion.
If in the future you find yourself looking at opening a credit card account, please please please make sure that you are at a point in your life where you know for a fact you won't have any issues in paying off the bill. You don't want a simple swipe of a card to ruin your credit history and keep you from getting a payment plan on a car or keep you from getting a new TV or apartment or house. It will follow you through your adulthood.

Live Help Mentor 4/29/2017
Message me if you need anything.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.