View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Do I have an eating disorder? - August 26th 2017, 10:10 PM

Hey,

We are unable to diagnose you since not many of us are professionals and since it is pretty hard to diagnose someone online.

What I will say is that forcing yourself to throw up is, at the very least disordered, while you might not do it all that often it is very common for purging to take a life of it's own and become something a person does quite often. When I first started purging I would maybe do it once in a great while and usually when I felt I had eaten too much. However, within a relatively short period of time I ended up getting to the point where I was purging numerous times a-day and I began purging binges as well as any meal I ended up eating in a day.

You might not, technically, have an eating disorder at this point in time but if you continue purging when you feel you have eaten too much it will likely turn into a full blown eating disorder.

I think the best thing you could do is try and find someone to talk to about the purging and the reasons that you are utilizing it as a coping skill. If you can get help and figure out the reason as to why you are exhibiting these behaviors you might be able to work on finding ways to overcome it.

The best thing you can do is get help now so that it does not get even worse than it is and get to the point where you are purging quite a bit and suffering from the effects that come along with purging.

Best regards!