View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Do I have an eating disorder? - August 27th 2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by del677 View Post
I'm not sure if it counts as bulimia, or if there's a related word that fits better.

But yea it's a common symptom of an underlying problem, and we want to focus on curing the underlying problem so you don't feel this awful anymore.

I think most people never want to throw up.

I know there have been times when my stomach felt so bad I thought I'd probably feel better if I could just throw up whatever this awful food is I ate that isn't agreeing with me, but I usually just lie there instead and hold it down and suffer.

Anyway best suggestion I can think of off hand is always bring a toothbrush with you and some toothpaste, and brush your teeth afterwards to get the stomach acid off your teeth, especially the backside. I've been told dentists can detect

bulimia because all that stomach acid tends to eat away the backside of the teeth. Actually baking soda may be a good thing to brush with, as that should help neutralize the acid.

But in the long run we'd really like to get you feeling better so this isn't a problem anymore. I've been there which is why I now pass on the hope of recovery to other people. Doctors have a lot of options which may help. Sorry you've been feeling so bad!
Actually, you don't want to brush your teeth immediately after purging. It causes enamel erosion which could lead to your teeth being damaged quicker than if you had not brushed them. The best thing to do is either use mouth wash or use baking soda mixed in water and then just swish it around a bit. When you do brush your teeth you'd also want to brush with toothpaste that contains fluoride.