Thread: Triggering (Suicide): Bad Start to First Week of College
View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Bad Start to First Week of College - August 31st 2017, 06:57 PM

It isn't a must but it is definitely one of the best ways to meet people. Depending on your major...it is unlikely that you will have classes with a lot of the same people. I was a psych major for quite some time and since that is a really popular degree there are more psychology classes which means that you don't have class with the same people too often. I know when a person goes to a four year university this changes a bit. My brother said when he transferred to a four year university he ended up having classes with a lot of the same teachers and students. He also majored in something that was pretty popular.

That being said, if you are majoring in something that isn't as popular and only has a small selection of classes each semester you are more likely to share classes with the same people which can lead to making acquaintances. My boyfriend is majoring in computer networking so most his core computer classes are only offered one time per semester (This semester one of his core classes was only offered on Thursdays at 6:30pm). So, due to the limited availability of classes he has had classes with a lot of the same people. This has been good for him because he isn't big on clubs or anything.

Also, if you aren't feeling up to clubs right now that is perfectly fine. It is possible that once you adjust to campus and get a tad bit more comfortable you will start feeling a tad bit more open to the idea of joining a club.