Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33

Re: Anxiety with people - September 7th 2017, 05:16 PM

Thank you for your replies.
I have noticed that for some reason I find talking to the boys in my class problematic. There are 5 of them in my class of 30. I usually have no problems talking to boys (at least no more than to girls, lol) so I don't know why that is. School has started 4 days ago and I haven't talked to any of them since.
Also my interests are what is generally considered kind-of-boyish (pc games, football, IT & others), which means I probably have a higher chance of finding a male friend with similar interests than a fem friend (actually my best friend is a male and we're almost the same as far as interests are concerned, however he attends a different school now). I'm this kind of person that absolutely NEEDS to stay with other geeks in order to feel comfortable anywhere (geeks are the only social group I actually LIKE to spend time with). Which means that if I don't talk to males at all, I have a lower chance of finding someone similar to me.
Ew, this is all so complicated. I don't know why I'm having problems. Any advice why it's like that and how to overcome it?