View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: I feel that my tattoo artiest intimidated me - September 18th 2017, 04:10 PM

I think the reason the Tattoo artist is advising against this is because it is such an extreme tattoo and it is something that a person is more likely to change. Also, it isn't something that could be fixed at a later date if the person ends up regretting it.

My brother has actually gotten tattoos in the past that he ended up regretting now that he is older. Fortunately, he was able to get a few of those tattoos covered with things that were more meaningful.

In all honesty, I think that you really should hold off on the black out tattoo till you are a bit older because when you get older your feelings about having it might change. If your feelings don't change when you are older than there really is nothing wrong with this.

Some things you need to consider are that when you go on job interviews this type of tattoo is going to be harder to hide. It is even possible that regular long sleeve shirts won't cover it etc. This could end up impacting you actually getting the job unless the company doesn't have a strict policy on tattoos.

I can say that, back when I was 19-20, there were some tattoos I was thinking about getting and now that I am older I am glad that I held off because I would have regretted it completely.

If you absolutely want the tattoo, you can find a tattoo artist who will do it because all they care about is getting paid. However, when an artist tells you that something probably won't look good and you should reconsider...it is definitely something to take into consideration because they only say those things from experience and from the knowledge they have about tattoos.

At the end of the day, it is your decision and you are the one who gets to make it. But, it seems like the tattoo artist has concerns and most professionals in that field and other fields similar to that...do not voice their concerns lightly.