Thread: School.
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: School. - September 22nd 2017, 12:27 PM

Hi,

One thing you said was that you can cry because of school or cry because of other things, such as the carefree days you long for. Something to think about is that although crying can sometimes be uncomfortable and tiring it is a good outlet to release your feelings and you may feel a little bit better afterwards. If you feel like crying, and you are comfortable enough in your environment to do so, give it a try.

You mentioned problems with studying. Do you mind sharing those with us? We might be able to give you tips and techniques that can help you out. Do you know what kind of learner you are? Some people like to listen, while others learn by watching, and some learn by hands on activity related to the material. If you know what way you like to learn you can look for study techniques based on that.

If you're having trouble with the material you are learning, don't hesitate to ask for help. If you don't want to ask during class, you could ask before class. Some teachers let students come in for help before and after school, or during lunch. Asking for help can be difficult but that is what your teachers are there for.

What is it like for you to interact with people? Is there a part of it that you struggle with the most? Maybe you can share more with us if you feel comfortable doing that so we can get more information on how you're struggling.

It sounds like you have done a lot of things to keep your mind busy so you do not think about school. Even though these things are not working, keep trying them or try new things. Hopefully they'll work eventually or you'll find a go-to distraction over time.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers