View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
bringmethehorizon♥ Offline
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23

Re: I feel that my tattoo artiest intimidated me - September 25th 2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAtomicBlade View Post
Hey
I can see where you're coming from wanting the tattoo, but I also see where the artist is coming from. If this is a half decent parlour they want to give you a tat that will last + be classy. Blackouts are (a) hard to hide even with shirts. A white/lighter colour shirt wont cut it and they can hurt your chances of getting work. (b) if you change your mind there aren't a lot of options to cover it up beyond a laser surgery.
I agree with Abibliophobe and say wait a bit before getting a blackout. Sure you can definitely find an artist who will do it, but I worry that you may change your mind in the future and that would suck.

Its your call, but just my two cents. I don't think the artist was trying to intimidate you he was just trying to make sure you get the best tattoo you can get.

Guys just an update I am going on holiday soon and I have not gone and spoke to them because I don't want a new tattoo on holiday pealing away haha.

I feel really nervous about going back and asking though. The one who does my tattoos is the apprentice he does all my tattoos hes amazing. he was all up for doing it but the other tattooist who owns the shop and his receptionist his wife were advising against it and she kept saying Justin don't do that i'll cry if you black that out.

I don't see whats wrong with black work. I have planned to get one arm blacked out then finish my 2nd sleeve then I was going to get a neck tattoo probably a rose tattoo under my neck.

I just really want to get this black work done it's killing me everyday not getting I am 200% sure but I am a really shy person how do I build up the courage to go back and ask.
Yes I have thought about job prospects I have my whole arm tattooed so I don't see how just blacking it out will make any difference to my current job prospects all job interviews I long sleeves and even if it is more noticeable in white then it's simple i'll wear another shirt underneath.
Thank you everyone!