View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: My Classes is Giving Me Social Anxiety. - September 26th 2017, 03:59 PM

If you are in the USA the school is required by law to work with you. However, if you are going to a crappier school you are likely going to have to fight for that help. And, seeing as you are a teen and not an adult you will likely need a parent to do the fighting.

In elementary school I went to a pretty low ranking school and I had difficulty getting help that I needed. One teacher refused to help my parents get me into RSP (help with reading) and basically said the reason I struggled in school was because I didn't listen. They had to fight to get me the help I needed because without the teacher it was a long and more involved process.

So, this is likely something that your parents are going to have to deal with. Because, the school is required to work with students who have any type of learning difficulty or medical problem and that does encompass mental health problems as well. They could set you up an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) for the mental health problems. I was actually set up on an IEP in my senior year for my mental health issues and that helped me get into a program run by the county.