View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: When is it ok to introduce my boyfriend to my daughter? - September 26th 2017, 08:48 PM

Hey,

So, I don't have personal experience with this since I do not have children at this point in time. However, I do have a few friends who have gone through this and my brother has gone through this as well.

From what I have seen, there is no 'right' time as much as there is a time in which you feel it is right to introduce them. I know a number of people who wait until they are more certain where the relationship is going because they don't want to chance their children getting attached to someone and it not working out. I also know other people who wanted to introduce them a bit earlier so they could see how the child got along with the person and how the person got along with their child.

So, overall I think this is a very personal decision that you are going to have to come to.

Something that might be helpful is talking to your boyfriend about some of the concerns you have. I know that type of conversation might be difficult to have but it might be good to let him understand that you do like him and you would like the relationship to progress but you are also worried about introducing him to your daughter and having her get attached and the relationship falling through. Having that discussion will open communication to an extent.

The one thing to consider is that, there really are no guarantees that the relationship will last 'forever'. So, there is going to be a chance that your daughter will get attached and it won't work out.

I do wish you the best of luck and I am sorry I couldn't supply you with a more definitive answer. There might be parents who have experienced this who can give you some better insight...maybe what they found worked for them etc.