View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Points: 10,960, Level: 15 Points: 10,960, Level: 15 Points: 10,960, Level: 15

Re: "Just need to work on myself" - October 4th 2017, 09:09 AM

Usually when I say I need to work on myself it is somehow connected to motivation and procrastnation. So basicly when I need to do things I don't do for whatever reason eventhough they are important or I actually want to do them.
Then I normally sit down, sometimes with a notebook sometimes without, and try to think about why. What are the reaons for my behaviour and what do I want to change? And then I try to think about the answer, like if I come to the conclusion that I don't do something because I'm afraid of failing then I go on asking myself why I am afraid of failing and then I try to inspect the answer for that as well. And at one point I might or might not finde a reason behind everything. Something I can work with. Like I can repeat to myself that the resaon I am afraid does not apply to me anymore.
Sometimes it workes. Sometimes it doesn't. And I don't always do everything in one go. Maybe I'll just arive at the conclusion I'm afraid and leave it for th day to think about it some other time because sometimes it's good to take breaks and leave the thought to come back later.
Though I guess that doesn't work for everything and everyone.

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!