Thread: Triggering (Abuse): He goes to my college now
View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: He goes to my college now - October 8th 2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Darkness View Post

There's a resource on my campus called A Safe Place where someone can go and get counselling and everything from being abused. I might go to it on monday or something, but I already have a therapist who I see weekly so I'm not sure how different it would be. On the website it says they can help me file legal things like police reports and restraining orders, and I was looking at the restraining order information page for my state and it's simple enough to get and it's free. I just have so many conflicting emotions about doing legal things about this that I'm really not sure.
I would definitely suggest that you go to the resource center and see what your options might be regarding a restraining order. I know things like that can get confusing depending on a number of factors so talking to someone that has knowledge regarding the process could be beneficial.

This is definitely a difficult thing to be dealing with. I think the resource center would also be a good idea because they could provide you with counseling and they might be able to make suggestions on how to handle the situation.

I wish I had more to add but a lot of what I would have said was covered. Hang in there. I know how hard it is to have to see the person that harmed you but you are strong and you can get through this!

If you ever need to talk feel free to message me as well.