View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Parents might find out about online friends - November 12th 2017, 08:42 PM

Sometimes, in an attempt to protect their children, parents don't always consider everything. It sounds like your parents worry a lot about you using the internet and making friend, which they have every right too, but in doing so they are not taking into account that sometimes online friendships can be really helpful.

Right now, it doesn't sound as though your parents have talked to you about this particular incident so you might be okay. I suppose that if they approach you about it, then it is up to you, to figure out what the best course of action is. I do not encourage lying and I hope that you will be able to come up with some type of answer that won't make you feel dishonest. I am not certain what the best solution is because losing the friend's that you have could impact you negatively but lying to your parents might make you feel crappy (I still struggle with lying to my dad).

If you do not feel like you can be 100% honest with them then maybe you could find an answer that is somewhere in the middle?

I hope that someone else will be able to come along with a better answer.

Best regards.