Thread: Triggering (SH): Depression and Bad Grades
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Depression and Bad Grades - November 12th 2017, 11:16 PM

Hey there,

Firstly, I want to say that I am really sorry that you are struggling so much right now. I hope that with time you will be able to get to a better place. Also, I think that you should consider looking into some alternatives to self harm. I know, my favorite alternative is the 15 minute game; basically when you have an urge you tell yourself you will wait 15 minutes until cutting. After the 15 minutes is up, if you still feel like harming yourself, you can go for another 15 minutes. Essentially, you keep putting it off for 15 minutes and if you put it off long enough the urges can go away or at least diminish in intensity. When I utilize the 15 minute game, I also try and use some type of distraction. One of the distractions I utilize is reading and I will read for 15 minutes and repeat that process if need be. If you are not someone that likes to read you could do this with another activity you like such as video games, chatting on the internet, watching a television show etc.

If you can I think that you should consider talking to your parents about your depression so that they can help you look into getting a counselor. I know opening up to parents can be difficult but you shouldn't have to go through this alone. If you are old enough to seek a counselor without your parents consent than I would suggest that you do that. I do know that therapy can be a hard thing to consider but I believe that, if you find a good therapist, it can be quite beneficial.

Now, to address the schooling, the first thing I would suggest is that you talk to your teacher and see if they can help you find a tutor. I know, when I was in high school and college, my campuses had a tutoring center. If your school does not have one it is likely that your teacher will be able to suggest a tutor in your area or they might even be able to tutor you. I would also suggest that you talk to your teacher about the struggles you are having with depression. I know, when I was in college and high school, my school was aware of my mental health struggles and I was able to get disability services. I don't that we are in the same country so I don't know what type of help you could get but letting your teachers and other officials at your school know about this could be the first step in you being able to get some academic assistance.

I hope that this helped and if you need anything feel free to message me.