Thread: Triggering (Abuse): He goes to my college now Part 2
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: He goes to my college now Part 2 - November 21st 2017, 03:34 AM

Hey there,

I think that there are definitely some positive things that come from speaking out and having something like this investigated. However, I don't think your sole reason for going through with this should be to see him get kicked out. I pressed charges against my abusers but I didn't do so for quite some time, maybe a year after I actually realized what had happened, the main reason being that I was not ready too. Anyway, for me, pressing charges was a way for me to have my voice heard even if the people didn't get into trouble.

Even though I went into it with very little hopes of them getting into trouble, I was devastated when the case was closed and I was told there wasn't any proof.

I don't regret it too much though and on my good days I am glad I went forward with the charges.

So, I think you need to think about if you can handle this person not getting in trouble. If you feel like there might be other things that could come from speaking out, such as having your voice heard, then go for it.

I think that going forward with something like this is a very personal decision and there is no right or wrong answer. There is simply the best choice for you.

If you ever want to chat feel free to message me.