Thread: Triggering (SH): Self harm and Parents
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
flooof Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,135, Level: 8 Points: 3,135, Level: 8 Points: 3,135, Level: 8

Self harm and Parents - November 23rd 2017, 09:51 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi guys,
I'm new to this website and I'm worried about how my parents will react to my self harm (mostly cutting). I have been really good at hiding cuts, but recently I have been more careless in the way I hide them (not wearing jumpers etc.). Anyway, my brother saw my cuts just very recently and said "show me your arm" very carelessly. I hate those things about people. Anyway, he is most probably going to tell my parents, and I'm worried how they are going to react. They are mostly supportive about multiple things, yet, I feel like its going to be different with this. My mother is most likely either going to hate me as I "made her feel like a terrible parent" or she'll be supportive. I'm just concerned about what they are going to say. Is there any advice that you can give me to help me deal with my parents if and when they find out? Thank-you heaps in advance.