Thread: Triggering (Bullying): College problem.
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: College problem. - November 27th 2017, 01:17 PM

It seems like these people in your class are making school an uncomfortable place for you to be and I am sorry to hear that. School can be difficult enough without being bullied.

You said when you stand up for yourself, they cry and say you’re being mean to them. How do you stand up for yourself? Could you give an example? If you assert yourself politely then perhaps they are trying to be manipulative by saying you’re being rude to them. You can try to stand up for yourself more if you’d like, or work on the reactions you give them to the things they do and say. Maybe if you stop reacting they’ll leave you alone.

If you have disability accommodations maybe you can meet with the disabilities counselor and let them know that people in your class are disrupting your accommodations.

In the meantime, could you find a different place and make that your new place you like to sit in? That way, they’ll sit in your old seat but you’ll have a new one you are comfortable in. There’s nothing wrong with using the fidget spinner if it helps. If they keep making fun of it, however, you may be able to bring something smaller in that they’re not aware of and see if that helps.

Keep us updated if you’d like to.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers