View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Is this self harm? - November 27th 2017, 09:10 PM

Hello,

In my opinion, yes, these instances count as self harm because it seems as though you are doing it intentionally to harm yourself. I know that at one point therapists would make the suggestion of snapping a rubber band as an alternative but over the years less and less therapists use this because, more often than not, people use it as a form of self harm.

My suggestion would be that you look over the alternatives to self harm. The important thing to keep in mind is that the alternatives will take time to work and it is unlikely that you will find an alternative that works the same way as self harm does in calming you down. However, it is possible to find alternatives that you can use in place of self harm and still see results.

It might also be helpful to try and work on figuring out the reasons behind your self harm. If you can figure out what your triggers are, you might be able to find ways to cope with them so that the urges to harm yourself will decrease.

I hope that this helped and if you ever need someone to talk to please feel free to message me.

Best regards.