View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Telling my parents gone wrong - November 30th 2017, 06:59 AM

Hey,

I am so sorry that they reacted so badly. Most people who have never self-harmed themselves or have been exposed to it, do not understand it at all. So when parents hear that their child is self-harming they have no clue how to proccess that so they either blame themselves for being a bad parent or blame they child.

What your parents are doing by not letting you be alone isn't all that uncommon. They are probably really concerned about your safety and this is the only way they can think of to help you. I know it may seem like they are punishing you but try to look at this from their point of view. If your child was doing this to themselves what would you do? Pulling you out of student council isn't what I would do, because to me it sounds like I am being punished because of poor coping skills. I would sit them down and ask them if you could get some therapy and if they say yes, maybe have your therapist talk to them about how they can help, and what to do and not to do.

I would suggest that you check out THIS thread it is alternatives to do instead of self-harming. There is a lot of them on the list and they will not all work. So I would be patient and try to stick it out and find the ones that work for you.

If you ever need to talk, I am just a PM/VM away.

Your Friend,
Frankie<3
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.