Thread: Junk mail
View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,701, Level: 46 Points: 106,701, Level: 46 Points: 106,701, Level: 46

Re: Junk mail - December 1st 2017, 03:49 AM

Hey,

There are a few things you can try. All of my suggestions involve going into your Options menu and then going from there. These are all working under the assumption that the email program you're using is Outlook, so if it's not feel free to disregard this response.

First, you could try blocking senders. Go into Options, and then under Junk email there will be something that says Blocked senders. That will take you to a section where you can add specific addresses or general domains that you don't want to receive correspondence from.

You can also go into Options and under Mail, click on the option that says Inbox and sweep rules. Here you can create certain rules that will affect how the program deals with incoming mail. For example you could create a rule where any email with the word 'insurance' in the title gets automatically deleted.

Depending on how you use your account, you could also try changing your filter level to Exclusive (rather than Standard, which is the default). To do this, go into Options, and then under Junk email click on the one that says Filters and reporting. Then select Exclusive under the Choose a junk email filter title. Doing so will mean that you'll only receive emails from senders that you've approved.

Hopefully this helped a bit, and let me know if you need me to explain any of it further.

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."