View Single Post
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Junk mail - December 6th 2017, 03:14 PM

You may already know this, but just to add in case you don't... don't use the 'unsubscribe' button on any spam emails that you get. As others have suggested, always block. There are many spam emails that, while they look legit, often have fake unsubscribe buttons which lead you to another website that is actually a phishing site trying to gain personal details from you, or worse, gain access to your computer via viruses etc.

Although I'm sure you're technically inclined and can recognise a fake email, just in case others may be unsure, you can hover hover any and all links from emails and usually at the bottom left it will usually pop up with the link's true website... which aren't always legit. A lot of spam emails also use images that look like normal and when you click them, can take you to lord only knows where so again, hover over links and content before considering clicking. Also, an easy way to tell how legit something is is simply looking at the email itself. I know there have been many times where I'll have received an email from a fake paypal account or similar that says paypai.co.... blah blah and not everybody can spot the difference, other more obvious emails are usually something along the lines of gzzrrz(at)email.co...blah blah.