View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: My disability is it worth trying in life - February 24th 2018, 07:11 PM

Hey there,

I am not sure how it works in your Country but if you notify the agency about your disability ... they should be able to provide you with accommodation. I am not sure what they would be but they might help you to have an easier time passing your test. Another thing you could try is seeing if there are any tips/tricks to memorizing the content that you need to learn when you have memory problems. When I first took the writing portion of the driving test ... I failed... I was devastated. The second time I was able to take it and I passed and I didn't end up missing a ton. When I took the driving portion I barely passed because my anxiety was so bad and driving with someone I didn't know made it worse!

You have different disabilities than me but you might be able to find ways to cope and ways to get help for the things you want such as passing the test.

As for work, you can look into what type of accommodation they are required to provide in your country. I know some countries don't have any type of rules pertaining to people with disabilities but it might be worth looking into if your country has any. You can google work place discrimination laws in [insert your city or country] and you might be able to find something. If your country has laws than you could try and look into them more and see if you can talk to someone within the agency pertaining to your rights and how best to go about disclosing your disability to your employer etc.

I know things are tough but keep hanging in there.