View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Honeybadger40 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Honey

Points: 3,508, Level: 8 Points: 3,508, Level: 8 Points: 3,508, Level: 8

Re: Parents won't stop Fighting - March 6th 2018, 05:18 PM

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear your parents are fighting so much. As the above poster said you are not being ungrateful. You obviously appreciate the money she has spent to give you whatever it is you have but you also need and deserve love, time and consideration from your parents; we all do.

You cannot control your parents actions, but I think it's important to keep talking with your Mom about how this is affecting you. When you talk about it, does it tend to happen when you're in the middle of an argument? It's only thought, but if it does tend to only really come up between the two of you at difficult times when it's hard to have a constructive conversation, try to find a quiet moment when you two are alone and tell her how much this bothers you. Sadly, you cannot control the situation but keep making your feelings known and I hope for you that they will listen.

You're going to college soon, so at least you will then have some space from the situation. For now though, let your feelings about it out in a constructive way. Try to avoid yelling or hiding away from it all. Perhaps you could try writing a journal to help you release some of your feelings about it. I know my head always feels so much clearer when I've written my feelings down on paper. You can also tear the paper up and throw it away once you're done to give you a sense of distance and make you feel as though you're removing the feeling from your mind and body. You could try some creative expression, like writing songs or poems. If all else fails there's always the good old 'punch a pillow' method. Just be careful not to hurt yourself or damage anything.

Good luck