View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Suddenly getting my period again on the implant. - March 10th 2018, 03:40 PM

They are supposed to be good for three years. That's one of the reasons I looked into them. I have heard that occasionally when the implant gets older and needs to be replaced it can cause period's. I don't know why yours would need replacing if it isn't even two years. I've heard a few stories that people had to get them replaced a bit early but I don't think it's common?

That being said, I know some people have experienced irregular periods with their implant. I actually watched a video about someone who shared their story and they had no period for the first six months and than started bleeding a lot. She eventually went off it but that might not be what you need to do, you know?

I know you know that but birth control does impact everyone differently so the two random periods might be a fluke. You might not experience one again and if you do it might not automatically mean you have to switch. I honestly hate hearing this but if you get your period again call her, make note of how heavy/light it is and go from there. She will have the answers that are best for you because people do face issues with irregular bleeding on the implant. Your doctor will be able to determine if the irregularity is an issue with the method and if you need something new or if it's just a fluke and the BC is still working.

I know it's crappy and I know that running low on options is scary but take it day by day. I wish I had better advice to give because I know it helps to get an answer of some kind.

Here if you need anything.