Thread: Triggering: College is too much...
View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,047, Level: 23 Points: 26,047, Level: 23 Points: 26,047, Level: 23

Re: College is too much... - March 23rd 2018, 09:38 PM

I didn't withdraw from the class, so it's going to be hell to try to bring up my grade/not make it worse because I actually need it for my major.

Spring break wasn't a break... more like hell week because I spent all my time studying for major exams and writing papers, and that was before I posted this. I don't get a break ever. I want school to be over, but I don't know when it will be. I can't graduate on time (this semester), and I'm so close to being done, but I can't hold myself together through this much longer. If I fail this class, I'll have to retake it this summer, when I desperately need this summer as a break because my body and mind can't take this anymore. It's too late to take a semester off because at this point if I do, I won't come back to finish even just one last semester (after this one) and I'm in too much debt to not get a degree. All of college has been like this. I've thought about dropping out daily since first semester freshmen year and that's only increased to multiple times per day, every day.

I already have disability accommodations but they don't help enough, and I had to fight disability services to get what I have. Also my counselor can't meet with me more frequently because it's a large school, so there isn't time. She's already doing more than she should by being available to students outside of work hours, and I feel bad for reaching out when she's not at work, although I've done so a few times when needed.

And this grief is just taking over. If I couldn't handle school before, now it's even worse.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.