View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Name: Mirabelle

Points: 4,257, Level: 9 Points: 4,257, Level: 9 Points: 4,257, Level: 9

Re: Contains Alcohol: Zuppa Inglese al Limoncello, an Italian Trifle - March 28th 2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfing girl View Post
This looks soooooooo good! I'm going to tell my mom about this and try making it with her. Thank you so much for sharing this with us
I'm most humbled you want to make this recipe. It's quite straightforward, though be aware that sugar syrup is much hotter than water so just take a little care when the the stove. Some of the alcohol will evaporate; this is normal.

The trifle is very rich, but they are what the are - extremely scrummy, mummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
This sounds so good.

I have a few questions and I hope you can answer them:

Is this a harder recipe to make? I am interested in doing this but I don't cook a lot so if it's too hard I might be overwhelmed.

Are there any substitutions that could be made for the Limoncello? I think my boyfriend would like this and I'd like to make it but he doesn't like alcohol so if a substitute was possible that would be great.

Can I skip using the blueberries? I don't tend to like them and most the people I know don't either. Would skipping ruin them or could I use blackberries etc?

For the Lemon curd, can I buy that in stores or do I have to make it?

I am really interested in trying this. Just trying to figure out if I could attempt it on my own and if I could make it for my boyfriend or if I'd be better making it for guests!
Hi there!

The recipe is straightforward to make, but you must follow the recipe exactly. Lay out the ingredients into seperate bowls on the kitchen worktop as you follow the recipe makes for easier.

You should be able to buy lemon curd in a supermarket. Making it yourself is okay, too. If you want a recipe I can find one, but later as I have band practice this morning.

Leave the blueberries out if you dislike them. Substitute with frozen blackcurrants I should think would be rather nice.

-Boiling sugar - please be careful because sugar heats at a higher temperature. I should think boyfriend would like being in on the preparation. After all, he's going to be yumming it!

Do it for yourselves first; see how you get on. The limoncello is not high in alcohol compared to other trifle recipes. I reckon you'll do it fine. *Thumbs up*