Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Name: Mirabelle

Points: 4,257, Level: 9 Points: 4,257, Level: 9 Points: 4,257, Level: 9

Re: Lonely - April 2nd 2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovoK9 View Post
Thank you guys for the responses. I'll try and do some self care more often. I don't do it as often as I should. I just don't have the motivation to do much. Do you guys have any tips on how to get started on self care when I get that achy feeling? Sometimes it feels really disabling and I really try but I just can't find the motivation to do it.

As for the friend part, I'd love to! I'm a little awkward at times but I'll be sure to message you sometime mirabelle. Thank you
Hey Novok, I was wondering if you would consider volunteering? It could help take away that achy feeling in your chest because if you have spare time on your hands, think about whether you could spend a few hours working with a group of people whose interests you feel are particularly worth fighting for, or some rural activity you would like to become involved in? Sharing with people this way could help relieve that emptiness you feel inside, as I am starting out on something new and finding the course very interesting.

In volunteering you could gain new skills worth acquiring. Or, joining an evening class at beginners' level like I have - will put you on the same footing as everyone else. Getting to know new people can become part of the process of learning something new. I've just started an evening course learning upholstery (as in furniture) and finding it useful because I've inherited not only a country house, but it's chock full of furniture some of which will be needing repair. The evening course is in my village so I haven't far to walk.

There are very many local groups and societies that cater for a wide range of interests and taste such as local interest groups where you may find it easier to relate to others through the medium of a shared interest. Consider what you most enjoy doing, whether it's reading, going for country walks, going to the cinema, playing chess or playing the flute. Or, what about joining a class like I have? Share something new?

Or read a good book? I've had The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett a long time, but I still keep returning to it. Also another which a friend recommended me, Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. It's an enchanting book.