View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Medication and ED - April 6th 2018, 02:00 PM

I am on a medication that causes appetite suppressant. I have been on it for years and the side effect ends up going away but ... it's said to cause 'anorectic effects'. I know it will fade but it's kind of triggering my ed. I cannot go off the medication because it's one of the only one's that has balanced me out.

I am trying to remind myself to eat at least a little bit once a day. I sometimes find myself thinking ... you haven't eaten and you should just not today. I had that happen yesterday and so I told my boyfriend I was hungry and we ate something.

He knows I haven't been eating as much but I haven't really told him that it's causing me to want to get back into starvation.

I know this medication helped me a lot back when I was initially in my ED and by the time it wore off I was still struggling but my appetite went away.

I don't want that to happen but I have a weight loss goal or the year and this not eating will help and I am torn.

Anyone have advice? I can talk to my doctor about coping as I have an appointment but I can't get in with a therapist till next month due to an issue with income. I also cannot go off the medication so I need to figure it out. I am thinking of putting a reminder in my phone.

I am still eating but usually only one meal a day or just little bits here and there because I just am not hungry.