View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Self harm and tattoos - April 8th 2018, 02:14 PM

So, I have wanted a tattoo for quite some time. I never really had any ideas about what I would want other than some book related ones.

I found a few art pieces that could inspire the tattoos. I wouldn't want them to be the same and I would want to add things.

My question is, what questions should I ask a tattoo artist about working with self harm scars?

I know it's more complicated because my scars are quite bad and some are raised etc. I do know it's possible, in some cases, but you need someone who has experience working with scars.

I have family that know people who can do tattoo's so they'd probably be good people to consult with as they'd be more honest with me about if it would be possible and where etc. Some of the people are close to my family so they might be willing to look around.

But, I don't really know what questions to ask. I've watched videos about it from artists and people with self harm who've gotten them done. I know a good artist will work with you and be honest about it being possible or what would work instead. Currently there is only one that would be on my forearm and that is where a lot of my scars are.

I just need a starting point on what to look for. I have time before doing this as I have to figure out the questions, gather the courage to talk to the family members about it, figure out cost and then figure out the money.

Help would be appreciated as this isn't something I've been intent on until recently and that's mainly because I found art that could inspire it.