View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Going to places alone with social anxiety - April 11th 2018, 05:42 PM

Hey there,

It's definitely not as simple as just sucking it up. Social anxiety is hard. I've actually attempted to go places alone and I'd get there and leave because I knew I couldn't get out of the car. I think social anxiety is different for everyone because there are certain things that I can do alone but that's only because I'd never be able to do them if I waited for other people so I've had to adjust over the years. I know my boyfriend has social anxiety slightly worse than myself and he tends to avoid most places.

I know you said that your sister would be upset if you didn't go but she should have consulted you before making the purchase. If she did and now you can't go she should also be understanding about your decision. If she isn't that is on her because you cannot control other people's reaction to things. I know that is easier said than done but all you can do is your best. If it comes down to it you could tell her that you had something come up that you couldn't get out of it. If you think your sister might be understanding try and talk to her. If she would react negatively and it would make your situation more stressful than there is nothing wrong with avoiding that conversation.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.