View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Going to places alone with social anxiety - April 13th 2018, 03:13 PM

Hey,

I am glad you went. I know that wasn't an easy thing to do and you should be proud of yourself for giving it a try. I do agree that the more you do it the easier it can get. I used to not be able to go to the movies alone or order food alone and, gradually, I became comfortable with it. There are times when I get too anxious about a certain place and go somewhere else but things have gotten better for me since I was younger.

I think that trying out familiar places is a really good idea. That's actually what I started doing. I was comfortable going to the bookstore alone so I started going there. I eventually worked up to buying stuff there etc. As I got more comfortable in the bookstore I tried out the movie theater. I would going in the early morning so that there were not as many people etc. It is scary and it might help to have a friend accompany you and slowly work into doing activities along.

It can get better but it's likely something that will always be around. If you are able to it might be worth talking to a therapist about your social anxiety as they might be able to help you work on it and find coping skills.

I am so glad you gave it a try and that you seemed to enjoy yourself.

Best regards.