Fanatic Offline
In Christ Alone ♥
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mary
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 15,936, Level: 18 Points: 15,936, Level: 18 Points: 15,936, Level: 18

Re: For Christians.... speaking in tongues?? - May 13th 2018, 04:55 AM

Hi Butterfly,

I'm sure you have a lot of questions about speaking in tongues. As explained in the bible, it is one of the spiritual gifts that is given by God. There are many people who don't believe in it, but I believe it can be a powerful tool in worship, becoming closer with God, and helping others get to know God on a more spiritual level. It is also mentioned in the bible several times: Acts, Mark, 1 Corinthians, and Galatians. I am someone who has been given this gift at the age of 12 in Christian youth group at my church. So in my own words, you are able to pray to God about giving you the gift of speaking tongues. It's a constant thing you need to pray for as you would for any spiritual gift. It comes with time, patience, and practice as well. In my experience, it was rough at first because it came in sounds at first. But, when I used it regularly in praise and worship, I began to form words as I got more confident. Speaking in tongues is a useful gift because even it may sound like nonsense to other people, it is a language only God understands.

"I'm not a piece of cake for you to just discard
While you walk away with the frosting of my heart
So I'm taking back what's mine, you'll miss
The slice of heaven that I gave to you last night
." - "Cake" by Melanie Martinez

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.