View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: Wanting to Explore Religion - May 20th 2018, 07:12 PM

Hey Chris,

First of all, I want to say I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy losing a pet. My best friend recently lost her pet of ten years, and she is still grieving for the loss three months later. There's no limit for grief, remember that.

Getting on topic, I can definitely relate to you when it comes to the science and I can also relate with wanting to believe in something else, a greater power that isn't science and not necessarily God. Finding your religion, where you belong is a very personal journey. I think it's going to take some time to know exactly where you belong.

Different religions teaches different things, they have different philosophies, they practice prayer and meditation in their own way. I would suggest making a list during a calm, peaceful moment, and write down what your beliefs are. Use this as a form of meditation to some extent, and use that to dig deeper, do some research and find what you can relate to.

You are not going to find what you are looking for on the first try, and it is so important to remember that. When you come to the realization that a practice is not right for you, don't look at it as a failure. Look at it as a learning experience.

All the best.