View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Anxiety? Need help! - May 24th 2018, 08:37 PM

Hey,

Welcome to TeenHelp. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I hope it helped to share it, even if it only helped a little bit.

It must have been really hard when your friends had to move away. I moved around a lot during my childhood and I left some good friends behind; I can't imagine how it feels to be left behind.

It seems like your English teacher has noticed that you're struggling with things. Do you think you could talk to him about how you're feeling? Teachers can be awesome parts of a support system, especially because students spend so much time in school. You said you regret saying you were tired. Next time, if he asks, you could be honest with him or you can initiate a conversation with him if you don't want to wait for him to ask.

You said that sometimes when you struggle at night, your dad comes in and hugs you until it is over but doesn't assume that anything is wrong. Next time he does that, would you feel comfortable trying to explain your feelings to him? You certainly don't have to tell him everything. Just what you're comfortable with.

It is good that you did some research on the internet. Self-diagnosis can be negative but sometimes a little research can give you options for different self-help to try. For instance, if you're anxious, you could try breathing exercises. You could also try grounding techniques to pull you away from the anxiety a little bit.

If you want more suggestions or want someone to talk to I am around.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers