View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Girls, how do you cope with this? - August 3rd 2018, 02:16 PM

I have very thick, curly hair and it's a pain in the butt but I am learning to love it. I don't straighten my hair because it seems like when I try that, it makes it look even worse for me. I can't answer on which is the better buy but you did ask how we cope with our hair.

I use Dove shampoo and conditioner. I use a lot of conditioner in the shower and I've found Dove to be my favorite because it feels like it makes my hair smoother and more manageable. I also have different samples for curly hair from beauty boxes that I want to get around to trying. In addition or sometimes without conditioner I will use a hair treatment mask, deep conditioner, or hot oil treatment for curly hair and my hair feels better after that.

I actually leave my curls the way they are. After I shower and dry my hair a little (I leave it damp) I put a lot of curl gel in it. The type I use doesn't harden in my hair or anything either. The thing that stinks about having such thick hair is that I am kind of limited to how I style it but typically I have it up and out of my face, and off of my neck in some way, especially when it is hot.

Maybe you can experiment with different shampoos and find one that feels best in addition to straightening your hair? Might make it easier to work with.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers