Thread: DBT homework.
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

DBT homework. - December 5th 2018, 02:36 AM

So I am not a very social person, I do not like leaving the house and pretty much have no friends that live around me, or are willing to hang out.

Anyways one of the DBT homework assignments was to describe when I was Mindful of another person, and since I don't really leave the house or socialize with people besides family and even then it isn't a lot. I cannot do the homework, but if I don't do the homework they mark that in there notes about me for that week and if it happens three times I get kicked out of the module.

But it's not like I DON'T want to do it, I literally cannot do it. I am not that comfortable with the group leaders yet to tell them this, for the fact I think they will get mad at me and yell at me. I could tell my therapist who I usually have an appointment with an hour after the group ends, but she won't be here tomorrow since she is at a DBT conference.

What should I do? Should I just take the hit?

Also how can I remember to look at the DBT homework everyday? I tend to forget about it, and the skills. SO I don't use the skills and then BS my way through the homework if I don't understand it. How can I remember to do the homework the same day it was given? The group is 1;30-3pm and then therapy is 4-5pm and I don't get home till 6 or later so by the time I get home I am exhausted and don't want to do anything. I sometimes do it while waiting for my therapist but a lot of the time I don't because I am too overwhelmed, and need to relax a bit. Any ideas would be appreciated.