View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount40

Edit avatar

Counselor from school. - January 4th 2019, 10:37 PM

So, I reached out to the counselor I had in school (she was employed by the school) during the time I was a student there. Recent events in the past few days–someone from that school dying, my current counselor's action and subject diverting yesterday, to name a few–has caused me to want to reach out to her.

She was my counselor from the time I was eight until I gratuated at the age of twenty. I was thrilled to find out that she is still alive and someone on the alumni Facebook group gave her the email address I provided. She wrote to me, and I think she was a bit wary at first. But my message reaffirmed that it was me, and she updated me a little bit on her life.

Then she asks me to catch her up. I want to tell her everything, but I can't remember everything. Don't remember if I told her what I was going through during the time I was at school, like when I met with her every week. I only remember one session, one morning in early March 2005. I want to tell her about every detail of my life in the past thirteen and half years.

But there are some sort of boundaries and differences now, right? I'm not sure if I should treat her like a counselor or a friend. How should I address her? It was a pretty small school and she was the only, literally the only one who cared about me and saw the real me in the time I was there. I'm feeling so conflicted.

I should have thought this through.

What do I do?