Thread: Triggering: Residential or school?
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount57

Edit avatar

Re: Residential or school? - June 20th 2019, 01:49 PM

Hi, Jordan,

I'm so sorry that this has been such a difficult year!

Like Jen said, I don't think we can answer the question for you. But the main question, at least to me, is whether you can keep yourself safe. Would you be safe going back to school? How have your suicidal and self-injurious thoughts been recently? I know you've said that you're having difficulty caring for your most recent wound - what did your doctor say? I'd just be concerned about a possible infection.

Remember that the two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive (unless there are financial concerns, of course); it's possible that you could go to residential and then to school, or go to school and then go to residential if you needed to. If you think going to residential first would help prepare you to go to school later, then maybe that's the best choice right now. On the other hand, if you want to see how school goes and then go to residential if you really need it, that's also an option!

Going to school and finding meaning in your life can definitely help turn your situation around. In fact, I've had this experience myself!! My life has improved SO much in recent years thanks to the experiences I've had in school. But if you're not stable, you might not get as much out of school as you're hoping to get, which is something to consider; you want to be able to go and be healthy enough to apply yourself and seek out these life-changing experiences.

I hope this makes sense! Let us know what you end up deciding!

All the best,
Kylie