View Single Post
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount57

Edit avatar

Re: Favorite Subjects? - July 10th 2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynefin View Post
Was it hard? I'm taking it online in the fall. English profs always get me with my citations/references. I am not a fan of APA. I do like to write papers though.
It's super easy to get confused with all the different styles. I always have to look up how to cite things in different formats!

It wasn't hard, per se, but it was definitely tedious. At least for me! Like I said, some people seemed to like it! If you like breaking things down into steps and don't mind the dryness of it, it can be a pretty good experience, I think. And technical writers are in pretty high demand, so there's that!

But yeah, I have a hard time keeping all those battles straight in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypothesis. View Post
I always thought English was MLA though? I haven't taken an English class since my freshman year of undergrad, oops. But that may have also been the last time I used MLA and in high school my English teacher let us use an online citation thing.
Yeah, for the most part English is MLA. I've done a lot with both styles, having taken both psych and English courses, but I definitely think MLA is way easier. No cover pages!! Yay!!!

Also, online citation things are awesome.

~Kylie