View Single Post
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47

Re: I want to make my dog a service dog - November 18th 2019, 04:11 PM

Hello,

You we're talking about making you're dog a service dog. A service dog and therapy dog are not the same kind of dog. A service dog will start with a person as a puppy who does the training of sit, stay, come to the name, go outside to the bathroom. Then they go up another training and it keeps getting harder and they know everything. If they fail they have to do it all over again.

They are never allowed to be petted when they are in training in the different grocery stores or restaurants or wherever you are taking them because you are training them and they have a job to do. These dogs are trained to get the person whatever they need, answer the door, call 911 or answer the phone, get shoes or the wheelchair or walker or water. They go throw so much training and when a child or teenager or adult or elderly person is getting this dog, this dog is 100 percent ready for them. If they are blind or have trouble walking or whatever it maybe, the dogs are ready to help them.

A therapy dog also goes through training too, and they go to schools, nursing homes and help you to deal with loud noises and when you are getting scared, not sure what to do and they are going to help comfort you.

When you have a dog or even a cat, when you are scared or upset you can always hold them or sit next to them and pet them and they can help you to feel better soon. Pets know when we are having a hard time, so just being with them can help us to be okay soon. I also have this website that talks about service and therapy dogs if you would like to look at it when you have time.https://www.therapydogs.com/differen...s-service-dog/ I wish you the best with this.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.