View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,473, Level: 59 Points: 172,473, Level: 59 Points: 172,473, Level: 59

Re: Do I have an infection? Scared of being STD tested... - November 27th 2019, 08:22 PM

Hi,

While we cannot diagnose you with an infection, I do think it’s best to see your doctor. While I can’t say for sure that it’s not an STI, there are things that may cause pain that may not necessarily point to an STI, such as an injury or other type of infection.

However, depending on the symptoms you tell your doctor, they may want to test you for an STI. Depending on the type of test, they may give you a urine test or a swab inside the penis. It is relatively quick and pain free. They might also want to do a physical exam and also examine your inguinal area to get a better sense of what is going on.

I know it can be scary to get tested but a lot of STIs are treatable if you do have one and getting treated sooner rather than later can prevent the symptoms of whatever it may be from getting worse, whether it is an STI or not. There’s also no need to be embarrassed. Doctors pretty much have seen it all and shouldn’t judge you. They also should keep things confidential.

Best of luck!
Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.