Thread: Triggering (Suicide): Dealing with Anxiety
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
stuckinside Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jordan

Points: 2,267, Level: 7 Points: 2,267, Level: 7 Points: 2,267, Level: 7

Dealing with Anxiety - January 6th 2020, 05:34 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

New to online support groups, so forgive me if this seems a little stiff. I've been dealing with my anxiety on my own lately. I used to be in therapy, and taking medication, but I had lost my insurance and had to stop all of that. (I do have insurance again, but I'm waiting for new insurance cards and stuff.) I plan on going back to therapy and back on medications, but I'm really struggling here, which is why I decided to reach out (on here).

As of late, I've been dealing with major depression (even some suicidal thoughts, though I have NO intention on acting on those thoughts), major anxiety and some serious paranoia. I know that anxiety can cause some paranoid thoughts, and vice versa, so I'm trying to remain as rational as possible, but it's gotten hard.

When I'm home alone I find myself sitting in my closet most of the day because there aren't any windows in there. (It's a large closet, so I'm not cramped or anything.) It's gotten so bad I can hardly leave the house because I'm so paranoid of other people and places.

I guess, I joined this site as a way to talk about what's going on with others who may have been through the same things. I do have a support system at home, but they don't really understand on a personal level what I'm going through and dealing with. It's hard to be very frank with them about what's going on in my head and the things I think about.

Not really sure where to go from here. Just trying to hold on until I can get help.