Thread: Anxiety.
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42

Anxiety. - February 9th 2020, 08:38 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this thread in but feel free to move it.

So yesterday, I started my new casual/weekend job as a bartender. I have worked as a bartender for the last 2 years for another company so it is somewhat familiar to me and this is a brand new venue which is always exciting. However, due to my mental health (I suffer from anxiety), when I finished my shift, I obsessed over the mistakes I made, rather then focusing on the achievements. There was a lot for me to celebrate including actually going into work and not caving into the anxiety or nervousness I felt prior to the shift (which in the past as made me resign from another casual/weekend job for a food and beverage attendant which was for another brand new venue that opened up before I even attended a shift) and learning things quicker then I thought I would. I do tend to doubt and put pressure on myself which I have done since I was younger. Right now, I feel like my anxiety has become more prominent in my life and I know I have to see a professional and/or start taking medication again for it. I was diagnosed with OCD and depression when I was 16 and used to play a big part in my life since I was 15. However, I fought it and now I apparently no longer have OCD and depression but some form of anxiety. But, I do believe that at moments of high stress, some of my OCD traits do come back to the surface. Today, has been one of those days.

Last edited by Dawn.; February 12th 2020 at 08:15 AM.